If you pay an electric bill to the utility, you should know the easiest, cheapest, and fastest way to reduce your electric bill is to reduce your electricity consumption. This sounds simple, and it is simple, but the question remains…how?
There are many resources that can help you conserve on electricity. Many of these resources offer you these simple tips for use in your home or business:
1. Use fans instead of air conditioning
2. Open windows to promote natural ventilation
3. Set your air conditioner to 75 degrees or warmer
4. Change your light bulbs to CFLs…what are you waiting for?
5. Plug electronics such as TVs and DVD players into power strips and turn the power off when devices are not in use
6. Invest in an Energy Star rated refrigerator
7. Hang your clothes outside to dry instead of using your dryer
8. Install a timer on your water heater AND your pool pump.
9. Limit your hot shower time